I Hate Math for So Many Reasons


Math and I don't get along...in fact we never have.  Other than the temporary insanity on the part of my 7th grade math teacher who wanted to move me into pre-algebra with advanced math students during the first week of the school year, no one has ever said that I was skilled in this area.  If you ask me to run a simple calculation it will inevitably be wrong.  I always caution my students to check my math and I couldn't survive without my electronic grade book. 

For some reason I have been telling myself that our baby will come home during the 2013-2014 school year.  At the start of the year I told my sophomores that they will be able to meet him during their junior year.  I told myself that this is my last year to save up my sick days for my family leave.  We started moving around our house so that we can prepare the nursery.  However, as is usually the case, my math was way off...

As of right now we are not yet on the waiting list.  We are hopeful that we will have every penny of the $7700 that we need to submit our dossier by October 15th.  If everything goes well then our DTE date (dossier to Ethiopia) will be sometime around November 1st.  The wait time for an infant referral is currently 18-24 months officially, but most of those on the waiting list have been waiting nearly 24 months and so it is starting to look like our wait will be even longer than that.  Eighteen months from November 1st is (and check my math on this one) May 1st 2014.  Twenty Four Months is November 2014.  The 18-24 month wait is for a referral and it could be another 6 months or more past referral before our baby comes home...May 1, 2015...really...that is nearly 3 years away...and it could still take longer than that...our arms will be empty for 3 more years...

There are days when I want to give up, but then I think about my son and I know that he is worth every second of the wait and I know that God has a plan for our lives during this time.  Still...I hate math for so many reasons...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top