August Update


I can't believe that another month has passed and it is mid-August.  I am two days into my 11th year of teaching!!  The start of the school year is always bittersweet as I miss the connections that I made the previous year, but am filled with the excitement of a new set of students.  I feel blessed to have the best job in the entire world, even though many people wouldn't agree with me. 

Any day now we should be receiving our immigration approval letter, thus completing our dossier.  The only things standing between us and the wait list are the family photo pages and about $2500.  Thanks to those of you who ordered as part of the Thirty One party.  We were able to raise a little over $50!!  Unless God provides the money before then we should be able to save it up over the next 2-3 months and can start the 18-24 month wait before the end of the year.  I wish that we were ready to submit today because every day seems like too long, but I am learning to trust in God's timing with this adoption.  He has gotten us this far and I trust in His plan for our family.  If you would like to help get us there sooner, please consider checking out ways that you can help on our fundraising page.  We are selling free-trade organic coffee, t-shirts, products from 147 million orphans, and if you are looking for tax deductions before the end of the year, you can donate directly to our adoption agency through the Eternal Family fund.  In addition, if you would like to host a fundraiser in our honor or have an idea for a fundraiser please let me know. 

We started this journey in January and today because of all of you we are one day closer...

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top